Rental Policies and Application
The Owner of the property and Marshall & Co. Property Managment, Inc., it's Managing Agent and Broker, have the responsibility to consider equally all qualified applicants. We strive to provide accurate, complete information about available apartments, condominiums and house single-family houses and give equal treatment to all people who inquire. We consider all applicants on a business basis only.
Application Requirements: (A $30 fee in cash or check must accompany each application. $30 for each single applicant, or $30 for each married person, therefore a couple shall cost $60.) Checks should be made payable to: Marshall & Co. We do not accept credit card payments. An application must be submitted for each applicant 18 years and older, even if married.
- A credit report is generated by Marshall & Co. for each applicant 18 years and older. You must have 650 or better on Equifax Beacon score, however, late payments existing on your credit report could affect your approval. We check for prior evictions and convictions.
- No other credit report will be accepted.
- The applicants need to provide a photocopy of Driver's license/Personal ID/Passport. If you do not have a copy, we will make one at our office, IF our office is open. If the office is not open please take a clear photo of the above, with your cell phone and email this to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Income verification required if employed by a company- example: provide copies of the recent consecutive paystubs for the entire last month, (1 if paid 1 paystub per month, 2 paystubs if paid every 2 weeks, 4 or 5 paystubs, if paid weekly depending on the month).
- Income verification required if you are self employed:
- 1st 2 pages of your most recent tax return
- Schedule C
- Provide the 2 most recent months' bank statements, showing daily transactions pages, showing name of company/companies providing income for each deposit, and the summary page of the deposits for these 2 most recent months' bank statements.
- Combined applicants or a single applicant's gross monthly income must be approximately three times the rent, or up to our processor, if extenuating circumstances.
- Present and prior landlord references are required
- Present and prior landlords will be contacted for references
- Employer may be contacted to verify income
- No co-signers accepted, except in extenuating circumstances.
- A cashiers check or money order is required for all intial move-in costs.
- Once the applicant has been approved they must provide us with a cashiers check in the amount equal to one month's rent to take the apartment or home off the available rental market. This fee is non-refundable and is due the next business day. The check should be payable to Marshall & Co. Property Management.
Megan's Law: Pursuant to Section 290.46 of the penal code, information about specified registered sex offenders is made available to the public via an Internet website maintained by the Department of Justice at https://meganslaw.ca.gov/. The Department of Justice also maintains a Sex Offender Identification Line through which inquiries about individuals may be made. This is a "900" telephone service. The number is 1-900-448-3000. Callers must have specific information about individuals on whom they are checking. Information regarding neighborhoods is not available through the "900" telephone service.
Neighborhood Conditions - Residents are advised to satisfy themselves as to neighborhood or are conditions, including schools, proximity and adequacy of law enforcement, crime statistics, registered felons or offenders, fire protection, other government services, proximity to commercial, industrial, or agricultural activities, existing and proposed transportation, construction and development that may affect noise, view or traffic, airport noise, noise or order from any source, wild or domestic animals or other nuisances, hazards or circumstances, facilities and conditions of common areas, conditions and influences of significance to certain cultures, and/or religions and personal needs, requirements and preferences of Tenants.
In cooperation, agreement and in compliance with Federal, State and County laws, Marshall & Co. Property Management states the following guidelines in the Management will use in determining a tenant's eligibility:
- Marshall & Co. Property Management, Inc. prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, age, and mental or physical handicap.
- The Leasing Agent may not refuse to show or lease a unit which is on the market to one person while showing or leasing it to another person if the decision to do so is based upon the applicant's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sex, or sexual orientation, marital status or mental or physical disability.
- The Leasing Agent cannot quote different terms to one person than to another.
- The Leasing Agent cannot charge a different amount for the rent, credit check or application fee to one person than to another.
- Marshall & Co. Property Management, Inc. follows the Marin County Child Discrimination Ordinance which addresses occupancy limits, surcharges and other prohibitions regarding families with children. This follows the state guidelines of two people per bedroom plus one extra person.
When you want to secure a rental unit for yourself for lease or rent, and you want to remove it from the rental market from future renting or leasing, Marshall & Co. Property Management, Inc. requires a full month's rent from you, in the form of a Cashiers Check. Upon receipt of the Cashiers Check made payable to Marshall & Co. Property Management, Inc. by any of its representative(s), that check shall immediately become non-refundable to you, or in the event you want to terminate, or act to terminate the rental application for rent for the unit, for which you have applied. This shall be considered damages to the Owner, as it has been taken off the market for rent or lease.
In the event you sign a lease with Marshall & Co. Property Management, Inc. and pay a month's rent and whatever amount for the security deposit, as stated in the lease, once all parties ratify that lease, it shall immediately become in full force and effect. Any such termination of that lease, whatever the timing of that termination may be, shall cause the tenant to forfeit all of the funds paid to Marshall & Co. Property Management, Inc. and those funds shall be applied first towards the leasing commission and then towards the rent of the rental term, until such time that the unit becomes leased to a new tenant and that new tenant commences payment of rent. You shall be responsible for rent up to and including the day prior to the new tenant commences paying rent on their new lease.
Application to Rent or Lease